Information for Referring Providers
Partnering to deliver exceptional patient care
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI) is committed to the highest quality medical imaging and patient experience. Our goal is to work closely with referring providers to make sure patients receive seamless care between your center and ours. We do this by offering:
- Easy Ordering
- Fast Scheduling
- Timely Transfer of Results
Our insurance specialists are available to help with pre-authorizations and can now obtain an RQI number through AIM for you.
Please provide the following details when you order an imaging exam:
Insurance Name & ID/Policy Number
This helps us quickly contact the correct insurance plan and obtain a timely authorization for your patient's imaging exam.
Current Clinical Information
We will need to answer the following clinical questions in order to secure an authorization. This will help expedite the pre-authorization process and reduce our calls back to your office requesting additional details:
- Describe the current signs and physical exam findings.
- Was there a specific injury or trauma?
- Is there any past diagnostic imaging related to the body part being imaged (reports and images)?
- Has the patient completed conservative treatment or therapy (e.g. physical therapy)? If so, for how long?
- Is the patient on any medications?
- What are you looking for?
Please provide this information as comments on an electronic order (insideCDI.com) or simply call us at 414-939-7698.
Most insurance companies prefer a diagnosis code, if available. A general diagnosis, such as knee pain or other symptoms, is useful if the actual code is not available. "Rule-outs" are not accepted as a primary diagnosis.