Helping our smallest patients safely through their medical imaging experience
At Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), we understand that an imaging exam, like an MRI, can be a scary event for both our young patients and their parents or guardians. That’s why we’re proud to offer pediatric imaging services, including X-ray and MRI, to patients across the Greater Milwaukee area. Medical College of Wisconsin pediatric radiologist interpretations are available upon request or at the recommendation of your provider. To speak with our friendly staff or to schedule an appointment, please call 414-774-7226.
Why choose a provider who believes in alternatives to sedation?
Although it is common to use sedation when imaging children, we believe that in most cases it is not necessary. The benefits of completing the MRI exam without sedation include:
- Increased safety with not receiving sedation medication
- Shorter appointment
- Typically a quicker recovery time
- Child can return to school or day care after the exam
What to expect when you choose CDI for your MRI?
We help our young patients through their imaging experience without sedation by taking these extra steps:
- Children and parents remain in constant communication with our technologist (the medical professional performing the scan)
- We offer small comforts like a warm blanket and music
- Stuffed animals or blankets from home are encouraged
- During most exams, including an MRI, it is perfectly acceptable and safe for a parent to be in the procedure room with their child