CT Scans and Your Safety
At Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), your safety drives our imaging care decisions. Our goal is to provide the highest quality diagnostic images to patients in the Greater Milwaukee area with the least amount of radiation possible.
Our commitment to low dose
We focus on keeping radiation exposure during a CT scan to a minimum. Lower CT doses at CDI Wisconsin can be attributed to the following steps we take to ensure patient safety:
- Specialized radiologists consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you
- Certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images of the area of interest
- Your unique size and weight are considered when setting up the exam
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality
- CDI centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews
- We submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform, with other providers, through a national registry created by the ACR in order to measure and report the quality of our CT services
If your provider recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation so you can be informed about medical decisions. If you have any questions about our CT scan services, give us a call at 414-939-7691.