CT Scans and Your Safety
CDI’s radiation dose is 25% lower than the national average
At Froedtert and The Medical College of Wisconsin Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), your safety drives our imaging care decisions. Our goal is always to provide the highest quality diagnostic images with the least amount of radiation possible for each patient. To schedule an appointment, call your preferred center.
CDI takes the following steps to find the optimal CT dose for each patient:
- Specialized radiologists consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you.
- Certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images of the area of interest.
- We customize the dose based on your size and weight when setting up the exam.
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality.
- CDI centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews.
- We submit and compare the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform with other providers through a national registry created by the ACR in order to measure and report the quality of our CT services.