Personalized Breast Imaging Services
Breast exams in Wisconsin
At Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), we know you have a choice in where you go for breast imaging services. Whether it's your first time getting a mammogram or you are visiting us for a diagnostic procedure, we tailor our breast cancer screening and diagnostic services to you in a way that best meets your needs and desires for a personalized and comfortable experience.
To schedule a breast exam at one of our centers in the greater Milwaukee area, please call 414-774-7226.
When you choose CDI serving Milwaukee and the surrounding communities, you can expect:
- Timely appointments, including same-day appointments and walk-in screening mammograms
- Updated breast imaging technology including 3D mammography or tomosynthesis
- Comfortable breast exams with private waiting rooms, soft robes and warm blankets
- Fellowship trained, breast radiologist who interpret your results
- Knowledgeable technologists to answer your questions and perform your exam
- Images are read by doctors who specialize in breast exams
- Quick results – Same-day results are available and if you would like, you can wait for your diagnostic exam results and speak with a breast radiologist about your results
- When necessary, we can assist with coordinating biopsies, diagnostic mammogram, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, surgery, genetic counseling and more
Saturday appointments available
Do I need an annual mammogram?
Annual screening mammograms are covered by most insurance providers. A doctor’s referral is not required for women age 40 and older.
An annual screening mammogram is recommended for women beginning at age of 40, according to the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the Society of Breast Imaging (SBI). The American Cancer Society also recommends that women have the choice to begin mammography screening at age 40. For the complete, updated ACS guidelines, click here. Then, talk with your provider to find out what's best for you.