William J. Mullin, M.D.
William J. Mullin, M.D. is a spine radiologist at Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI). Since joining CDI in 1993, he has developed an expertise in Spinal MRI and Spinal Injections.
- Undergraduate: University of California Irvine in Irvine, California
- Medical: University of California Irvine in Irvine, California
- Internship: Internal Medicine internship at University of California Irvine, Veterans Administration Medical Center in Orange, California
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at University of California Irvine College of Medicine in Irvine, California
- Fellowship: Magnetic Resonance Imaging fellowship at University of California Irvine College of Medicine in Irvine, California
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Kapelov SR, Teresi LM, Bradley WG, Bucciarelli NR, Murakami DM, Mullin WJ, Jordan JE. Bone Contusions of the knee: Increased Lesion Detection with Fast Spin-Echo MR Imaging with Spectroscopic Fat Saturation. Radiology. Dec 1993;189(3):901-4.
- Mullin WJ, Heithoff KB, Gilbert TJ, Renfrew DL. Magnetic Resonance Evaluation of Recurrent Disc Herniation: Is Gadolinium Necessary? Spine. June 15, 2000;25(12):1493-9.
- Gilbert TJ, Heithoff KB, Mullin WJ. Radiographic Assessment of Cage-Assisted Interbody Fusions in the Lumbar Spine. Seminars in Spine Surgery. Dec.2001;13(4): 311-5.
- Choma, TJ, Denis F, Lonstein JE, Perra JH, Schwender JD, Garvey TA, Mullin WJ. Stepwise Methodology for Plain Radiographic Assessment of Pedicle Screw Placement: A Comparison with Computer Tomography. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques. Dec. 2006;19(8):547-53.
- Butterman GR, Mullin WJ. Pain and disability correlated with disc degeneration via magnetic resonance imaging in scoliosis patients. Eur Spine J. 2008;17:240-9.
- Butterman GR, Mullin WJ. Percutaneous vertebral body cement augmentation for back pain related to occult osteomyelitis/diskitis. Orthopedics. Nov 9, 2011;34(11):e788-92.
- Butterman GR, Mullin WJ, Thorson TM. Outcomes of posterior facet versus pedicle screw fixation of circumferential fusion: a cohort study. Eur Spine J. Oct 2, 2013.