Thomas J. Gilbert, Jr., M.D., M.P.P.
Musculoskeletal & Spine Radiologist, National Spine Section Leader, Chief Clinical Officer
Thomas J. Gilbert, Jr., M.D., M.P.P., director of body imaging in the Twin Cities market, is a board-certified body, musculoskeletal and spine radiologist at Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI).
Dr. Gilbert completed his Body MRI fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco, after serving his diagnostic radiology residency at Stanford University Medical Center. He served an internal medicine internship at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky. Dr. Gilbert earned his medical degree from Harvard Medical School and his Masters of Public Policy in Health Policy and Management from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.
Dr. Gilbert joined CDI in 1997 with expertise in body, orthopedic and spine imaging. Before joining CDI, Dr. Gilbert served as assistant professor of Orthopedic Radiology at the University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics in Minneapolis. Dr. Gilbert has published numerous articles and book chapters on body, spine and orthopedic imaging. His professional affiliations include the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Minnesota Radiological Society, and the North American Spine Society.
- Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Medical Degree: Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts
- Masters: Public Policy at Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Internship: Internal Medicine internship at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky
- Residency: Stanford University Medical Center in Stanford, California
- Fellowship: Body MRI fellowship at the University of California in San Francisco, California
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- Minnesota Radiological Society
- North American Spine Society
- Dr. Gilbert has published numerous articles and book chapters on body, spine and orthopedic imaging
Hobbies: Dr. Gilbert interests include squash, fly fishing and history.