Richard Barbu, M.D.
Richard R. Barbu, M.D. is a neuroradiologist at Insight Imaging in Virginia. Before joining Insight Imaging, Dr. Barbu worked in the Department of Radiology at Inova Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia and InovaHealthPlex in Springfield, Virginia.
- Undergraduate: Union College in Schenectady, New York
- Medical: Albany Medical College in Albany, New York
- Internship: Staten Island University Hospital in Staten Island, New York
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New Hyde Park, New York
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology fellowship at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, New York
- Abramson, A., Barbu, R., Gartenhaus, W.S., Kahn, A., Port, L.J. Case Report: Extramedullary Plasmacytoma of the Larynx. Computed Med imaging Graph. 1992.
- Barbu, R., Eikowitz, S.S., Leonidas, J.C., Port, J.L. Marrow Space Imaging in Hodgkin’s Disease: MRI Prior to Biopsy for Improved Accuracy. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1993.
- Barbu, R., Kahn, A., Port, J.L. Computed Tomography of Relapsing Polychondritis. Computed Med Imaging Graph. 1993.