Richard Barbu, M.D.
Richard R. Barbu, M.D. is a neuroradiologist at Fairfax and Woodbridge centers in Virginia. Before joining Insight Imaging, Dr. Barbu worked in the Department of Radiology at Inova Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia and InovaHealthPlex in Springfield, Virginia.
- Undergraduate: Union College in Schenectady, New York
- Medical: Albany Medical College in Albany, New York
- Internship: Staten Island University Hospital in Staten Island, New York
- Residency: Radiology residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New Hyde Park, New York
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology fellowship at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, New York
- Abramson, A., Barbu, R., Gartenhaus, W.S., Kahn, A., Port, L.J. Case Report: Extramedullary Plasmacytoma of the Larynx. Computed Med imaging Graph. 1992.
- Barbu, R., Eikowitz, S.S., Leonidas, J.C., Port, J.L. Marrow Space Imaging in Hodgkin’s Disease: MRI Prior to Biopsy for Improved Accuracy. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1993.
- Barbu, R., Kahn, A., Port, J.L. Computed Tomography of Relapsing Polychondritis. Computed Med Imaging Graph. 1993.