Paula Y. George, MD, MA
Medical Director and Breast Radiologist
Paula Y. George, MD, MA is a board-certified diagnostic radiologist, specializing in breast imaging and breast interventional procedures at St. Luke’s Hospital and St. Luke’s Center for Diagnostic Imaging – Midwest Breast Care Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. George is the medical director for mammography at St. Luke’s Hospital and Midwest Breast Care, as well as the CDI National Section Leader for Breast Imaging. Her areas of expertise include mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis (3-D mammography), breast ultrasound, MRI, and breast interventional procedures (breast biopsies and needle localizations). She also sees patients for consultations regarding outside breast imaging procedures.
Dr. George has given multiple lectures on the topics of breast MRI, breast screening guidelines, 3D mammography / tomosynthesis, and quality measures in mammography. She has worked with St. Luke’s Hospital and CDI since 2003 and with Midwest Breast Care since 2005. Dr. George has appeared in St. Louis Magazine’s “Best Doctors” issues since 2008.
- Undergraduate: William Jewell College in Liberty, MO
- Medical: University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, KS
- Internship: Internal Medicine internship at Duke University in Durham, NC
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at Duke University in Durham, NC
- Fellowship: Abdominal Imaging fellowship at Duke University in Durham, NC
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Greater St. Louis Society of Radiologists
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
- Missouri Radiological Society
- Society of Breast Imaging
- National Consortium of Breast Centers
- Radiology/Surgery Correlation of MRI of the Shoulder. Fort Wayne Radiology Newsletter. 1998.
- Radiology/Surgery Correlation of MRI of the Knee. Fort Wayne Radiology Newsletter. 1997.
- Carroll, B.A., George, P., Hertzberg, B.S., Kliewer, M.A., McDonald, J.W. Lipomatous Uterine Masses: Potential to Mimic Ovarian Dermoids by Endovaginal Sonography. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. 1995.
Hobbies: Spending time with family, riding bikes, cooking Greek dishes with her kids, yoga.