John A. Eklund, M.D., Ph.D.
John A. Eklund, M.D., Ph.D. has been a neuroradiologist at Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI) since 2000. He is board-certified in diagnostic radiology and has certificates of added qualification in both neuroradiology and vascular/interventional radiology.
Dr. Eklund received his medical degree from the University of Chicago and his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois. He completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at Yale - New Haven Hospital and his fellowship in neuroradiology at Yale University.
Dr. Eklund's professional affiliations include the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, American Society of Spine Radiology and American Society of Neuroradiology, of which he is a senior fellow.
- Undergraduate: St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota
- Medical: University of Chicago of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois
- Internship: Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology fellowship at Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut
- American Society of Spine Radiology
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Society of Head and Neck Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Radiology
- Minnesota State Medical Society
- Eklund, Faulkner, He. . Electrochemical Investigations by Computer. Int’l Symposim on LCEC and Voltammetry. 1983
- Eklund, J. Diffusion and Perfusion- weighted MRI. Applied Radiology. 1993.
- Chaloupka, J.C. & Eklund, J. A. Technical Feasibility and Performance Studies of Magnetically Guided Microcatheters for Neurointerventional Applications. ASNR. 1995.
- Abrahams, J.J. & Eklund, J.A. Diagnostic Radiology of the Cranial Base. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 1995.
- Chaloupka, J.C., Eklund, J.a., Fulbright, R.K., Putman, C.M. Multifocal Intracranial Occlusive Vasculopathy Resulting in Stroke: An Unusual Manifestation of Williams Syndrome. AJNR. 1995.