Hollis M. Fritts, Jr., M.D.
Hollis M. Fritts, M.D. is a board-certified musculoskeletal radiologist at Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI). Dr. Fritts graduated from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He completed a radiology residency and MRI fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. Since joining CDI, he has gained a national reputation as a specialist in musculoskeletal and sports medicine imaging.
Dr. Fritts has authored and co-authored many articles in professional journals that include Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, American Journal of Roentgenology, and Seminars in Ultrasound, CT and MRI. He authored a chapter entitled, "MRI and Shoulder Imaging" in Dr. Richard Hawkins' book, Shoulder Injuries in the Athlete: Surgical Repair and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Fritts is a senior member of the Society of Skeletal Radiology and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, American Roentgen Ray Society, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, and Clinical Magnetic Resonance Society.
Congratulations to Dr. Fritts on being listed as a Top Doctor in Mpls-St. Paul magazine's 2018 Top Doctor issue! To view the list of top doctors, click here.
- Undergraduate: University of Texas in Austin, Texas
- Medical: University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas
- Internship: University of California Irvine Medical Center in Orange, California
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at University of California, Irvine in Irvine, California
- Fellowship: MRI fellowship at University of California, Irvine in Irvine, California
- Society of Skeletal Radiology
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Clinical Magnetic Resonance Society
- American Medical Association
- American College of Radiology
- American Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Minnesota Radiological Society
- Hennepin Radiological Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Indianapolis Medical Society
- Robby S. Sikka;Gary B Fetzer, MD; Jim Maurer, ATC; Robert Roche, ATC; Thomas Hunkele, ATC; Eric Sugarman, ATC; Hollis Fritts, MD; Michael A Brown, MD; Richard Wright; Matthew Matava, MD; David A Fischer, MD; Joel Boyd. Syndesmotic Ankle Sprains: Correlating MRI appearance with Time of Disability. Foot Ankle Int. 2012
- Marchetti ME, Jones DC, Fischer DA, Boyd JL, Fritts HM. Bilateral Discoid Medial Menisci of the Knee. Submitted to THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ORTHOPEDICS.
- Shellock FG, Bert JM, Fritts HM, Gundry CR, Easton R, Crues JV. Evaluation of the Rotator Cuff and Glenoid Labrum using a 0.2-Tesla, Dedicated-extremity MR System: MR Results Compared to Surgical Findings. RADIOLOGY 2002
- Shellock FG, Bert JM, Fritts HM, Gundry CR, Easton R, Crues JV. Evaluation of the Rotator Cuff and Glenoid Labrum using a 0.2-Tesla, Extremity Magnetic Resonance (MR) System: MR Results Compared to Surgical Findings. JOURNAL OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING 2001
- LaPrade RF, Konowalchuk BK, Fritts HM, Wentorf FA. Articular Cartilage Injuries of the Knee: Evaluation and Treatment Options. THE PHYSICIAN AND SPORTS MEDICINE 2001
- Wright RW, Fritts HM, Tierney GS, Buss DD. MR Imaging of the Shoulder After an Impingement Test: How Long to Wait. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ROENTGENOLOGY 1998
- Moore TP, Fritts HM, Quick DC, Buss DD. Suprascapular Nerve Entrapment caused by Supraglenoid Cyst Compression. JOURNAL OF SHOULDER AND ELBOW SURGERY 1997