Hollis M. Fritts, Jr., M.D.
Hollis M. Fritts, M.D. is a board-certified musculoskeletal radiologist at Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI). Dr. Fritts graduated from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He completed a radiology residency and MRI fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. Since joining CDI, he has gained a national reputation as a specialist in musculoskeletal and sports medicine imaging.
Dr. Fritts has authored and co-authored many articles in professional journals that include Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, American Journal of Roentgenology, and Seminars in Ultrasound, CT and MRI. He authored a chapter entitled, "MRI and Shoulder Imaging" in Dr. Richard Hawkins' book, Shoulder Injuries in the Athlete: Surgical Repair and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Fritts is a senior member of the Society of Skeletal Radiology and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, American Roentgen Ray Society, International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, and Clinical Magnetic Resonance Society.
- Undergraduate: University of Texas in Austin, Texas
- Medical: University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas
- Internship: University of California Irvine Medical Center in Orange, California
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at University of California, Irvine in Irvine, California
- Fellowship: MRI fellowship at University of California, Irvine in Irvine, California
- Society of Skeletal Radiology
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Clinical Magnetic Resonance Society
- American Medical Association
- American College of Radiology
- American Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Minnesota Radiological Society
- Hennepin Radiological Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Indianapolis Medical Society
- Robby S. Sikka;Gary B Fetzer, MD; Jim Maurer, ATC; Robert Roche, ATC; Thomas Hunkele, ATC; Eric Sugarman, ATC; Hollis Fritts, MD; Michael A Brown, MD; Richard Wright; Matthew Matava, MD; David A Fischer, MD; Joel Boyd. Syndesmotic Ankle Sprains: Correlating MRI appearance with Time of Disability. Foot Ankle Int. 2012
- Marchetti ME, Jones DC, Fischer DA, Boyd JL, Fritts HM. Bilateral Discoid Medial Menisci of the Knee. Submitted to THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ORTHOPEDICS.
- Shellock FG, Bert JM, Fritts HM, Gundry CR, Easton R, Crues JV. Evaluation of the Rotator Cuff and Glenoid Labrum using a 0.2-Tesla, Dedicated-extremity MR System: MR Results Compared to Surgical Findings. RADIOLOGY 2002
- Shellock FG, Bert JM, Fritts HM, Gundry CR, Easton R, Crues JV. Evaluation of the Rotator Cuff and Glenoid Labrum using a 0.2-Tesla, Extremity Magnetic Resonance (MR) System: MR Results Compared to Surgical Findings. JOURNAL OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING 2001
- LaPrade RF, Konowalchuk BK, Fritts HM, Wentorf FA. Articular Cartilage Injuries of the Knee: Evaluation and Treatment Options. THE PHYSICIAN AND SPORTS MEDICINE 2001
- Wright RW, Fritts HM, Tierney GS, Buss DD. MR Imaging of the Shoulder After an Impingement Test: How Long to Wait. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ROENTGENOLOGY 1998
- Moore TP, Fritts HM, Quick DC, Buss DD. Suprascapular Nerve Entrapment caused by Supraglenoid Cyst Compression. JOURNAL OF SHOULDER AND ELBOW SURGERY 1997