CT Scans and Your Safety
Our radiation dose is 16.3 percent lower than the national average
At the Imaging Center of Murfreesboro, our goal is always to provide the highest quality images with the least amount of radiation possible. Our radiation dose levels are 16.3 percent lower than the national average.1
To schedule an exam, call our center.
Exposure to radiation during your CT exam can be of concern. At The Imaging Center of Murfreesboro, we understand those concerns and take the following steps to ensure your safety:
- Specialized radiologists work with your doctor to determine if a CT is the best exam for you. All CT orders are reviewed by our radiologists to determine the appropriateness of the exam.
- Our certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images.
- Your size and weight are considered when setting up the exam.
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality.
- Our center and CT scanner is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews.
- We voluntarily submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform to the American College of Radiology for comparison to other providers nationwide, a clear indicator of our commitment to better patient care.
1 Data provided from the ACR for the most recent reporting period ending March 31, 2016.