Fibroid pain and discomfort can change the way you live – but you don’t need to keep relief waiting.
And you can get that relief without a hysterectomy.
Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) is a non-surgical, outpatient based procedure that relieves the bleeding, pain and discomfort caused by fibroids.
No surgical incisions – no general anesthesia – and no hospital stay. And with UFE, you keep your uterus and get back to living faster without the complications of a hysterectomy.
At Advanced Imaging, your UFE is done in just a few hours in the comfort of our outpatient center so you can be home that same day and on the road to recovery.
How does UFE compare to other fibroid treatment options?
- Benefits of UFE include fewer complications and a much faster recovery time than hysterectomy or myomectomy
- Studies have shown that nearly 90 percent of women who have UFE experience significant or complete relief of their fibroid-related symptoms
- Women generally return to most of their normal activities within a week to 10 days of the procedure
Is UFE right for me?
If you have been diagnosed with fibroids or have any or all of these symptoms, UFE could be a good choice for you:
- Pain in lower abdomen, lower back or pelvis
- Heavy, abnormal or irregular menstruation
- Frequency or difficulty with urination
Click here for more information about UFE and whether it might be the solution you're looking for.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about whether UFE is right for you, fill out this form and we will call you to schedule a consultation.
Advanced Imaging is conveniently located near I-20 and I-35 in DeSoto:
1750 North Hampton Road
DeSoto, TX 75115
Advanced Imaging is part of the Methodist Center for Diagnostic Imaging network.
Methodist Center for Diagnostic Imaging centers are operated by Methodist CDI, a Texas non-profit corporation, and are staffed by independently practicing physicians who are contracted by Methodist CDI. The physicians and staff who provide services at the imaging centers are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System or any of its afﬁliated hospitals.