CT Scans and Your Safety
At St. Luke’s CDI in Missouri, your safety drives our imaging care decisions. Our goal is always to provide the highest quality images with the least amount of radiation possible.
Exposure to radiation during your CT exam can be of concern. The providers at St. Luke’s CDI understand those concerns and take the following steps to ensure your safety:
- Specialized radiologists work with your doctor to determine if a CT is the best exam for you. All CT orders are reviewed by our radiologists to determine the appropriateness of the exam.
- Our certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images.
- Your unique size and weight are considered when setting up the exam.
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality.
- Our center and CT scanner are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews.
- We voluntarily submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform to the American College of Radiology Dose Index Registry (ACR DIR) for comparison to other providers nationwide, a clear indicator of our commitment to better patient care.
If your doctor recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation, so you can be informed about medical decisions.