Your Safety is Important
Marshwood Imaging Center's computed tomography (CT) radiation dose is 25.8% less than the national average
Your safety drives our imaging care decisions. At Marshwood Imaging Center, our goal is always to provide the highest quality images with the least amount of radiation possible. In fact, our CT radiation dose levels are 25.8% lower than the national average1. To schedule a CT exam at Marshwood, call us.
Exposure to radiation during your CT exam can be of concern. The providers at Marshwood understand those concerns and take the following steps to ensure your safety:
- Specialized radiologists work with your doctor to determine if a CT is the best exam for you. All CT orders are reviewed by our radiologists to determine the appropriateness of the exam.
- Our certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images.
- Your size and weight are considered when setting up the exam.
- Our center and CT scanner is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews.
- We voluntarily submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform to the American College of Radiology for comparison to other providers nationwide, a clear indicator of our commitment to better patient care.
If your doctor recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation, so you can be informed about medical decisions.
To learn more about our dedication to lowering CT radiation or to schedule an exam, please call us.
1 Data provided from the ACR for the most recent reporting period ending June 2017.