High-field Open MRI
The best of both worlds – high quality images and unparalleled patient comfort.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI or MR) combines a powerful magnet with an advanced computer system and radio waves to produce accurate, detailed pictures of organs and tissues to diagnose a variety of medical conditions and guide patient care.
For various reasons, including claustrophobia, anxiety, large body build or obesity, a traditional MRI may be difficult for some people. Open MRI scanners, which are open on the sides, feel more spacious, which may help to alleviate feelings of claustrophobia or accommodate larger patients.
High-field Open MRI offers claustrophobic and larger patient the best of both worlds, a higher-quality image and better diagnostic detail associated with a High-field MRI scanner and the comfort of an Open MRI scanner.
- Truly an Open MRI, with a 270 degree unobstructed view that may help to eliminate feelings of claustrophobia
- Wide (82cm), comfortable patient table typically accommodates most patients up to 650 lbs (weight limits vary by location, contact the center near you for details)
- 1.2T field strength is four times more powerful than the 0.3T Open MRI scanner for clearer, more detailed images
- Up to twice as fast as some other, lower-field strength open scanners still operating in the market place
- Advanced technology helps reduce the effect of motion during the scan, which makes it ideal for scanning children or others who have difficulty remaining still throughout the exam