CDI in Indianapolis Leads the Way in Lowering Your CT Radiation Dose
Even though we are all exposed to a certain amount of background radiation on a daily basis, some radiation can be avoided. At CDI in Indianapolis, we’re helping our patients do that by using the latest technology and customizing each scan just for you. The result? If you come to CDI in Indianapolis for a CT scan, you’re getting one-third less radiation than the national average.
Questions to ask when looking for an imaging facility
If your provider recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation dose. Use these questions to guide you in your search for an imaging facility:
- What are we trying to learn from this test?
- Do you use dose reduction software?
- Do you have a pre-scanning process in place to ensure the right test is done?
- Have you signed the Image Wisely pledge?
Steps we take to lower CT dose:
- Specialized radiologists consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you
- Certified CT technologists carefully position you in the scanner to get the best images
- Your unique size and weight are considered when setting up the exam
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality
- Our CDI centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews
- We submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform with other providers through a nation registry created by the ACR in order to measure and report the quality of our CT services