At Greater Waterbury Imaging Center, we understand that an imaging exam, like an MRI, can be a scary event for both our young patients and their parents or guardians.
Although it is common to use sedation when imaging children, we believe that in most cases it is not necessary. There are benefits to completing a childs exam without sedation, including:
- Increased safety with not receiving sedation medication
- Shorter appointment
- Typically a quicker recovery time
- Child can return to school or day care after the exam
We help our young patients through their imaging experience without sedation by taking these extra steps:
- Allowing parents in the MRI suite during the exam
- Offering small comforts such as a warm blanket
- Staying in communication throughout the exam process
- Slowing down and taking time to explain the exam
Because an MRI does not use radiation, there is no radiation exposure for your child.