Helping our smallest patients safely through their medical imaging experience
At Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI), we understand that an imaging exam, like an MRI, can be a scary event for both our young patients and their parents or guardians. That’s why we’re proud to offer pediatric MRI imaging services to patients across the Fox Valley.
To speak with our friendly staff or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 920-996-0724.
Why choose a provider who believes in alternatives to sedation?
Although it is common to use sedation when imaging children*, we believe that in most cases it is not necessary and there are benefits to completing the exam without sedation, including:
- Increased safety with not receiving sedation medication
- Shorter appointment time
- The child can return to school or day care after the exam
What to expect when you choose CDI
We help our young patients through their imaging experience without sedation by taking these extra steps:
- During most exams, it is perfectly acceptable and safe for you to be in the procedure room with your child
- Children and parents remain in constant communication with our technologist (the medical professional performing the scan) during the exam
- We offer small comforts like a warm blanket and music
- We encourage your child to bring a stuffed animal or blanket from home
- Our open MRI has motion correction technology that makes it easier to get a clear image, even if your child moves during the exam