CT Scans and Your Safety
Your safety drives our imaging care decisions. At CDI serving Central Florida, our goal is to always provide the highest quality diagnostic images with the least amount of radiation possible for each patient.
Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI) in Central Florida was 26% lower than the national average for CT radiation dose levels.1
Lower CT doses at CDI can be attributed to the steps we take to ensure patient safety:
- Specialized radiologists consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you. All CT orders are evaluated by our radiologists to determine the appropriateness of the exam.
- Certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images of the area of interest.
- Your unique size and weight are considered when setting up the exam.
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality.
- CDI centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews.
If your doctor recommends a CT scan and you’re concerned about radiation, choose Central Florida CDI.
If you have further questions about CT exams at CDI, call 407-741-5400 to speak to our knowledgeable staff
1We compare the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform with other providers through a nation registry created by the ACR in order to measure and report the quality of our CT services.