CT Scans and Low Dose
Providing answers and a safer patient experience
Your safety drives our imaging care decisions. At CDI in Florida, our goal is to always provide the highest quality diagnostic images with the least amount of radiation possible for each patient. The video below explains exactly how we do this:
Questions to ask when looking for an imaging facility
If your provider recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation dose. Use these questions to guide you in your search for an imaging facility:
- What are we trying to learn from this test?
- Do you use dose reduction software?
- Do you have a pre-scanning process in place to ensure the right test is done?
- Have you signed the Image Wisely pledge?
Steps we take to lower CT dose:
- Specialized radiologists consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you
- Certified CT technologists carefully position you in the scanner to get the best images
- Your unique size and weight are considered when setting up the exam
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality
- Our CDI centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews
- We submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform with other providers through a nation registry created by the ACR in order to measure and report the quality of our CT services