Robert F. O'Brien, MD
Robert F. O’Brien, MD is a board certified interventional and vascular radiologist with Image Guided Pain Management, PC. Dr. O’Brien provides professional physician services at Insight Imaging in Roanoke, Virginia. Previously, Dr. O’Brien was the Director of Imaging at Center for Advanced Imaging in Roanoke, Virginia.
Congratulations to Dr. O’Brien on placing first this year in the Best Bedside Manner Awards for Radiology!
- Undergraduate: Suffolk Community College in Selden, New York and SUNY at Stony Brook in Stony Brook, New York
- Medical: SUNY at Stony Brook School of Medicine in Stony Brook, New York
- Internship: Internal Medicine internship at University Hospital, SUNY at Stony Brook in Stony Brook, New York
- Residency: Diagnostic Imaging residency at University Hospital, SUNY at Stony Brook in Stony Brook, New York
- Fellowship: Vascular/Intervention Radiology fellowship at University Hospital, University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- South Eastern Angiographic Society
- Roanoke Valley Academy of Medicine
- Beck, G., Benach, J.L., Coleman, J.L., Habicht, G.S., Lysik, R.M., O’Brien, R.F. Role for Interleukin-1 in the Pathogenesis of Lyme Disease. Lyme Borreliosis. 1987.
- Beck, G., Habicht, G.S., O’Brien, R.F. Invertebrate Cytokines: The Phylogenic Emergence of Interleukin-1. Bio Essays. 1989.
- Beck, G., Habicht, G.S., O’Brien, R.F. Characterization of Interleukin-1 From Invertebrates. Defense Molecules. 1990.
- Angel, J.F., Hartwell, G.D., Matsumoto, A.M., O’Brien, R.F., Skalak, T.C., Tegtmeyer, C.J. Flow Characteristics of Peripherally Inserted Central Lines. JVIR. 1997.