Khursheed Imam, MD
Khursheed Imam, MD is a board certified body and musculoskeletal radiologist with Image Guided Pain Management, PC. Dr. Imam provides professional physician services at Insight Imaging in Roanoke, Virginia.
- Undergraduate: Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Medical: Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut
- Internship: Cornell University, North Shore Hospital in Manhasset, New York
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island
- Fellowship: Abdominal and Musculoskeletal MRI fellowship at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland
- THESIS: Imam, K. Use of Calculated Difference Tc-99m-HMPAO SPECT Cerebral Blood Flow Images to Detect Seizure Foci in Patients with Partial Epilepsy. 1994.
- Imam, K., Karnovsky, M.L., Silverman, D.H.S. Muramylpeptide/Serotonin Receptors in Brain-Deprived Preparations. Peptide Research. 1989.
- Hoffer, P.B., Imam, K., Selbyl, J., Smith, E.O., Spencer, S.S., Wisniewski, G., Zubal, I.G. Difference Images Calculated from Ictal and Interictal Technetium-99m-HMPAO SPECT Scans of Epilepsy. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 1995.
- Imam, K. The Emergence of Liver-Specific MR Contrast Agents for the Detection of Focal Liver Lesions. Applied Radiology. 1999.
- Cronan, J.J., Imam, K., Perkins, A.B., Smith, W.J. Color and Power Doppler Sonography of Liver Hemangiomas: A Dream Unfulfilled? Journal of Clinical Ultrasound. 2000.
- Bluemke, D.A., Imam, K. Mr Imaging in the Evaluation of Hepatic Metastases. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America. 2000.
- Bluemke, D.A., Braga, H.J.V., Imam, K. MR Imaging of Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma: Use of Ferumoxides for Lesion Localization and Extension. AJR. 2001.
- Eustace, J.A., Imam, K., Myers, D.L., Poole, L.J., Scheel, P.J. Renal Artery Stenosis by Three-dimensional Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Type 2 Diabetics with Uncontrolled Hypertension and Chronic Renal Insufficiency: Prevalence and Effect on Renal Function. AM J Kidney Dis. 2003.
- Bluemke, D.A., Chan, T.Y., Imam, K., Kamel, I.R., Schoenberg, M.P., Tekes, A. MR Imaging Features of Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Urinary Bladder. AJR. 2003.
- Bluemke, D., Imam, K., Kamel, I., Nasir, K., Schoenberg, M., Szarf, G., Tekes, A., Thompson, R. Dynamic MRI of Bladder Cancer: Evaluation of Staging Accuracy. AJR. 2005.
- Outdoor Activities
- Weight Training