William Mullin, MD
William J. Mullin, MD is a spine radiologist with Medical Scanning Consultants, PA. Dr. Mullin provides professional physician services
at Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI). Since joining Medical Scanning Consultants, PA, in 1993, he has developed an expertise in Spinal MRI and Spinal Injections.
- Undergraduate: University of California Irvine in Irvine, California
- Medical: University of California Irvine in Irvine, California
- Internship: Internal Medicine internship at University of California Irvine, Veterans Administration Medical Center in Orange, California
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology residency at University of California Irvine College of Medicine in Irvine, California
- Fellowship: Magnetic Resonance Imaging fellowship at University of California Irvine College of Medicine in Irvine, California
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Kapelov SR, Teresi LM, Bradley WG, Bucciarelli NR, Murakami DM, Mullin WJ, Jordan JE. Bone Contusions of the knee: Increased Lesion Detection with Fast Spin-Echo MR Imaging with Spectroscopic Fat Saturation. Radiology. Dec 1993;189(3):901-4.
- Mullin WJ, Heithoff KB, Gilbert TJ, Renfrew DL. Magnetic Resonance Evaluation of Recurrent Disc Herniation: Is Gadolinium Necessary? Spine. June 15, 2000;25(12):1493-9.
- Gilbert TJ, Heithoff KB, Mullin WJ. Radiographic Assessment of Cage-Assisted Interbody Fusions in the Lumbar Spine. Seminars in Spine Surgery. Dec.2001;13(4): 311-5.
- Choma, TJ, Denis F, Lonstein JE, Perra JH, Schwender JD, Garvey TA, Mullin WJ. Stepwise Methodology for Plain Radiographic Assessment of Pedicle Screw Placement: A Comparison with Computer Tomography. Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques. Dec. 2006;19(8):547-53.
- Butterman GR, Mullin WJ. Pain and disability correlated with disc degeneration via magnetic resonance imaging in scoliosis patients. Eur Spine J. 2008;17:240-9.
- Butterman GR, Mullin WJ. Percutaneous vertebral body cement augmentation for back pain related to occult osteomyelitis/diskitis. Orthopedics. Nov 9, 2011;34(11):e788-92.
- Butterman GR, Mullin WJ, Thorson TM. Outcomes of posterior facet versus pedicle screw fixation of circumferential fusion: a cohort study. Eur Spine J. Oct 2, 2013.