CT Scans and Your Safety
Our commitment to low dose
Your safety drives our imaging care decisions. Our goal is to always provide the highest quality diagnostic images with the least amount of radiation possible for each patient. In fact, our CT scanners are equipped with special dose reduction software aimed to help us meet that objective.
Exposure to radiation during your CT exam can be of concern. We understand those concerns and take the following steps to ensure your safety:
- A specialized radiologist will consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you
- Our certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner to get the best images
- Your size and weight are considered when setting up the exam
- Real-time radiation dose reduction technology is used to minimize your exposure and maintain maximum image quality
- Our centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), which includes rigorous annual quality and safety reviews
If your provider recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation so you can be informed about medical decisions.
If you have further questions about CT exams at Advanced Imaging, please give us a call.
For more industry information on radiation from imaging, see what industry experts are saying:
- Image Gently Program for Pediatric Patients
- Image Wisely Program for all Patients
Advanced Imaging is part of the Methodist Center for Diagnostic Imaging network
Methodist Center for Diagnostic Imaging centers are operated by Methodist CDI, a Texas non-profit corporation, and are staffed by independently practicing physicians who are contracted by Methodist CDI. The physicians and staff who provide services at the imaging centers are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System or any of its afﬁliated hospitals.