CT Scans and Your Safety
CDI’s radiation dose in Central Minnesota is 1/3 lower than the national average
Your safety drives our imaging care decisions. Our goal is always to provide the highest quality diagnostic images with the least amount of radiation possible for each patient.
CDI in Central Minnesota takes the following steps to find the optimal CT dose for each patient:
- Specialized radiologists consult with your provider to determine which imaging technology is best for you
- Certified CT technologists carefully position you within the scanner for optimal images of the area of interest
- Your unique size and weight are considered when setting up the exam
- CDI centers and CT scanners are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) which includes annual rigorous quality and safety reviews
- We submit the radiation dose of every single CT exam we perform to a national registry created by the ACR in order to measure and report the quality of our CT services
If your provider recommends a CT scan, make sure to ask about radiation so you can be informed about medical decisions.
If you have further questions about CT exams at CDI, give us a call.
For more industry information on radiation from imaging, see what industry experts are saying: