Now Offering: Breast MRI
At Insight Imaging, we know that a Breast MRI exam along with waiting for the results can be stressful. Our compassionate technologist will take extra care to walk you comfortably through the exam and our radiologists are specially trained to read Breast MRIs, providing your doctor with fast, accurate results.
To schedule a Breast MRI exam or with questions, please give us a call.
Watch a Breast MRI video
This video was created by Center for Diagnostic Imaging (CDI) in the Seattle area. Insight Imaging is part of this national CDI network. The patient experience here at Insight Imaging-Garfield is similar.
Breast MRI may be used to
- Further evaluate an inconclusive mammogram, ultrasound or physical exam for women with dense breast tissue
- Screen certain high-risk patients, such as those with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation or strong family history of breast cancer
- Determine the extent of a known breast cancer in order to assist with treatment options
- Monitor response to breast cancer chemotherapy
- Determine implant rupture or leakage (IV contrast is not required)
The Breast MRI experience
- There is no special dietary preparation for a Breast MRI, you can continue to eat and drink normally prior to your appointment
- Do not apply antiperspirant or deodorant the day of your exam as some products have metallic components that cause artifacts on the images
- For premenopausal women, it is best to have a Breast MRI 7 – 14 days after the start of your menstrual cycle and women on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) should be off it 1-2 months prior to the exam
- At Insight Imaging – Garfield, the exam is performed on our Hitachi Echelon™ Oval MRI which is a high-field scanner designed around the shape of the human body for more comfort and space
- You will rest on a padded breast coil (pictured to the right) and enter the scanner feet first
- An IV contrast injection may be administered by a certified technologist in your arm or hand prior to the exam for better tissue contrast and clearer images
- The exam will last approximately 30-40 minutes
You have a choice in where to go for imaging care.
Be confident that when choosing Insight Imaging – Garfield, you are receiving the latest in imaging technology delivered by industry experts.
Breast MRI at Insight Imaging – Garfield
An affordable cash rate is available for self-pay patients.